Today is the first Monday of the month, that means it’s time to hop with the Designer Crafts Connection. Just use the handy dandy widget above to hop back and forward to see all the projects in the hop. The theme this month is Vintage using vintage craft supplies.
As I have purged for so long I don't have a ton of vintage supplies on hand BUT I do have lots of vintage books! I have been having a blast lately creating wreaths from book pages to offer in my Hydrangea Hippo booth at Crafted in San Pedro, CA. There are a couple of ways to use vintage book pages on wreaths, the most popular two that I've seen alot being making cones from the pages and making paper roses from them. I made a fab wreath of paper roses that sold in a matter of hours so I have no pic to share with you!
I also love to use book pages for decoupage! They bend easily to cover any surface and the text serves as a fab patterned background for any project. Check out these canvases I created using vintage book pages - make your own using our Mixed Media Canvas Kit!
- Kool Tak™ 1 Layer Perfect (Use it for centering, piercing, and edge stitching) Tool
- Kool Tak™ 1 Shiny Transfer Foil Sheets (Earth Tones)
- Kool Tak™ Clear Foam tape ¼ x ¼ x 1/32” thick
- Kool Tak™ Clear Foam tape 3/16 x 1/16 thick by 1.6 yards
- Kool Tak™ Premium EXTREME 2 ½ x 27 yards