Yesterday I shared with you about the dress I created for the Crafty Couture Challenge at CHA last week. Here she is!
Clearsnap was also one of the generous sponsors who helped me get this dress off the ground running. The TSA inspected my luggage and managed to mangle the dress pretty badly. I steamed it in my hotel room shower for two days, which then made the ink soak just a tad deeper into the fabric, making it less vibrant. I rushed into the Clearsnap booth at CHA in a panic and they let me try out the brand Stephanie Barnard dye ink sprays -- I used Blueberry on the top of the dress and it was perfect!! And it worked BETTER than the Smooch Spritz to give me that amazing,intense color I was after!!! Also, the sparkle from the Smooch Spritz still shone through the Stephanie Barnard ink--I am excited to play with her new inks and see all the amazing ways we can use them.
I also added a necklace I made using lots of my favorite products! I sewed a miniature book to fit inside the globe to go along with my theme of reading--the globe is from GlobeCraft Memories and I just love all the possibilities the globes afford! I added butterflies inked with ColorBox Pigment Queties ink as well as bling from Want2Scrap and then sealed up the globe with some Clearsnap embossing powder in Gold Sparkle. I trhn strung beads on a wire and wrapped it around the perimeter of the globe to give it more oomph. I adhere the beads with hot glue and then sprinkled that with gold glitter to cover any visible glue. Next I strung crystals and beads from Connie Crystal onto eye hooks and attached them to the bottom of the globe in a gorgeous cascade of bling.
I punched a hole in the top of the globe, adding three jump rings through which I threaded various purple ribbons. I then added a necklace clasp and several jump rings along the ribbon strands to keep them grouped together.
- Adhesive - Xyron *sponsor*
- ColorBox Passion Queties Inkpads, ColorBox Fluid Chalk in Chestnut Roan - Clearsnap *sponsor*
- Smooch Spritz in Navy Twinkle, Splash, and Emerald Sprinkle - Clearsnap *sponsor*
- Gold Glitter and Embossing Powder - Clearsnap *sponsor*
- 3D Foam Adhesive - Tombow
- Crystals and Bead - Connie Crystal
- Globe - Globecraft Memories
- Stamp - Unknown
- Small Beads - Blue Moon
- Wire - Beadalon
- Die and Diecutting System - Sizzix
- Sewing Machine - BabyLock
- Thread, Satin, and Duck Cloth Canvas - Joann's
- Hot Glue - AdTech
- Bling - Want2Scrap
- Glitter Paper - DieCuts With A View
- Jewelry Findings, ribbon - hydrangeahippo.etsy.com
- Book Pages - Reader's Digest Condensed Books from the 1960s and 1970s
- Butterfly Punches - Martha Stewart