I created the base from chipboard using the die and then set to decorating. A little paint, a few elements from patterned paper, a beaded spray, and some bits and pieces all came together to make a shabby piece, perfect for anyone's mantle or home.
Finally, I attached a Connie Crystal chandelier crystal with Octagon Chain to the bottom of the star for a blingy, sun catcher. This can be hung on a door, wall, or hook -- here I set the top of the ribbon hanger onto a candle stick and set a 3" wide candle on top to hold the star in place. The crystals catch the light from the burning candle and set the walls aglow!
- Tombow Power Tabs
- Connie Crystal Octagon Chain
- Connie Crystal Chandelier Crystal
- Jump Ring - Blue Moon Beads
- Star, 5 Point 3-D Die - Sizzix
- Smooch Spritz in Vanilla Shimmer - Clearsnap
- White Paint - Delta
- Seam Binding, Lace, Unknown
- Flower Trim - Making Memories
- Beaded Sprays, Flower, Twine, Clothespins, Leaves - hydrangeahippo.etsy.com
- Frame - Melissa Frances
- Patterned Paper - Canvas Corp
- Heart Punch - Stampin' Up!
- Watering Can Die Cut - K & Company