This garland is as easy as it looks and really comes together in minutes. I have listed the stitched garlands on my etsy shop for you to purchase as well as the chipboard diecuts if you would like to stitch the garland yourself or just use the chipboard shapes for other projects.
- Diecut chipboard, felt, or cardstock into festive holiday shapes.
- Run the diecuts through my sewing machine, leaving about 3-4" between shapes. The thread will not be stitched together between the shapes but they will still be connected and that is what we want.
- After stitching several shapes together, cut the thread form the machine to the last shape in the garland.
- Spray the garland shapes with spray ink or paint on both sides. A natural look is good for eco-friendly decor or a more rustic feeling.
- After the garland is dry, punch a hole in the first and last shapes and thread ornament hooks through the holes. Hang or string as desired.
Here you can see the garland across my curio cabinet as well as some shorter pieces hung from the celing to create a small vignette on top of the curio cabinet.
- Smooch Spritz in Ice Rink by Clearsnap
- Diecuts by Sizzix
- Chipboard by hydrangeahippo.etsy.com