Then I stamped a series of dots in ColorBox Fluid Chalk ink on the back of the XL Dazed Circle and heat set the ink. On the front, I stamped a starburst pattern in MetaleXtra ink, sprinkled with clear embossing powder and heat set the ink. I then mounted the XL Dazed Circle to the page with glue dots placed where I knew I would be mounting the photo. When working with clear or acrylic items. placement of adhesive requires extra attention because it should not be visible on the final project.
I sprayed two opposite corners of the layout with Smooch Spritz spray ink in Navy Twinkle and Sea Breeze and then sprayed the other corners with Gold Glow. As I heat set the spray ink with a heat gun, I folded up some of the softened acrylic scallops on the XL Dazed Circle to reveal the paper circle underneath. I then added my photos, stickers, and stars cut from Stacy Julian Core'dinations Cardstock.
I used the Pennants Embellishments to create festive pennant flags on sticks, inking the edges with MetaleXtra ink to make them stand out. I added Jenni Bowlin flag stickers on top of each acrylic pennant to cover the adhesive used to secure the pennants to the page.
The layer of inks on both sides of the acrylic make for a multi-layered spark effect perfect for the feel of my photos. That's one of the things I love about acrylic--so much depth can be achieved on a relatively flat layout by decorating both sides of the acrylic shape or diecut.
- Clear Scraps XL Dazed Circle
- Clear Scraps Pennants Embellishments
- Patterned Paper by Collage Press for Pink Paislee
- Cardstock by Stacy Julian for Core'dinations
- Ink, Embossing Powder, Smooch Spritz Spray Ink by Clearsnap
- Stickers by Basic Grey, Jenni Bowlin, K & Co, Authentique Papers
- Punches by Fiskars, Stampin' Up!
- Stamps by Tim Holtz for Stamper's Anonymous
- Sticks by Darice
- Chipboard Number - unknown