Can you believe it!?
Get festive with our Christmas in July Blog Hop!! A group of papercrafting designers, etsy shop owners, and fabulous crafters have gotten together to bring you fun Christmas ideas to jump start your creativity. And the best part is, we're each doing a little giveaway!! So keep on reading to see how to enter to win one of the prizes we've posted :)
First, I am going to share a little Christmas project I made using some sequin trim from my shop. I love this trim because you can bend it, use it straight, or whatever. And it is so sparkly!!
On this page I created a scalloped border with the sequin trim. Here's what you'll need:
- Line style adhesive, either tape or glue lines will work
- About 1/2 Yard of Sequin trim
- Layout that needs a little "pop"
1. Apply the adhesive in a line to the area you want the scalloped border to be in.
2. Start making scallops with the sequin trim by sticking the end of the trim in the adhesive line, swinging the trim around to make a half circle and then sticking the next section of trim to the adhesive line. Repeat the entire length of the line.
3. Add other embellishments and photos to your project. Make sure you cover any exposed adhesive with paper or another trim. I used lace to cover my adhesive. I also used some sequin fabric stars to help showcase the sparkly sequin trim.
Do you love this trim too? Well, guess what?! You just might win one of my Christmas Sequin Assortments because I am giving one away!!!! And it has the red sequin trim in it!!
Here's how to enter:
Start the blog hop from any one of the participating blogs. Here are the links to each blog:
Hydrangea Hippo Shop: http://hydrangeahippo.etsy.com
China Doll's Blog "A Blog of Thoughts": http://chinadol1.blogspot.com/
China Doll's Shop "Spiffy Things": http://www.etsy.com/shop/ChinaDo11
FeFiFun Blog: http://fefifun.blogspot.com/
FeFiFun Shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/fefifun
Trendy Scrapper Blog: http://www.trendyscrapper.typepad.com/
Trendy Scrapper Studio Shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/trendyscrapperstudio
tammy i Blog: http://www.tammyi.com/
tammy i Shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/tammyi
Donna Salazar's Blog: http://donnasalazar.typepad.com/my_weblog/
Donna Salazar's Shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/donnasalazar?ref=seller_info
Scrappin' Kitty Blog: http://scrappinkitty.blogspot.com/
When you visit each blog, go to the etsy shop listed with the blog, choose a favorite item, and then come back to that blog to post a comment about an item you liked in that shop. Please post your comment on the post about the Blog Hop (if you post it other places we won't be able to find your post to enter you into the drawing).
You can get to the Hydrangea Hippo etsy shop HERE. You can then go to the next blog on the list OR do any of the things listed below for more chances to WIN! Just a reminder, you have to comment on THIS blog post--you can't comment on a different post that is not about the Blog Hop to be entered to win.
- 1 entry for each comment left on each blog about their fave item from each etsy shop
- 1 entry for sharing about the Blog Hop on Facebook (just tell us you shared by posting a comment here)
- 1 entry for sharing about the Blog Hop on Twitter (just tell us you shared by posting a comment here)
- 1 entry for sharing about the Blog Hop on your own blog (just tell us you shared by posting a comment here)