Katie baked some yummy little Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies for her teacher and I decorated one of these tubes to wrap the cookies in.
Here's the supplies you'll need:
- Cello Bag with Twist Tie Top (from baking section at Crafts Store)
- Prima Wildflowers Pillar Pack (empty)
- 3" Circle Punch
- 2 eyelets
- 2.5" Circle Punch
- Scrap Paper
- Baker's Twine or Ribbon
- Shred to put in the bottom of the tube
- Paper flowers or stars
- Peel the sticker from the lid and add a 3" paper circle to it. Add a 2.5" Circle in another color and add punched paper stars (or flowers for a girl teacher).
- Cut a piece of 12" paper into a 2.5" wide border--I used some Teresa Collins sports PP that looks like a ruler and cut he paper so the rulers were whole. Apply tape runner adhesive and wrap to cover the label on the tube.
- Add another 2.5" circle (I used Sassafras Lass paper) to a piece of black Carsstock and trim with pinking shears or decorative scissors. Add eyelets to each side.
- Use the baker's twine to tie the circle from Step 3 around the tube to cover the last little bit of Prima label that is exposed on the tube (the 2.5" strip doesn't cover the whole Prima label).
- Add more stars and a stamped "Thank You" sentiment.
- Stack cookies inside a cello bag and close with a twist tie.
- Add shred to the bottom of the tube and slip the cookie tube inside. Replace lid and give to your favorite teacher, school nurse, Dad, or Grad ;)