One of the other instructors over at My Creative Classroom shared this tidbit from the US Department of Education:
A U.S. Department of Education* study has shed light on the effectiveness of getting an online education. The study stated that students who took all or part of their instruction online performed better, on average, than those taking the same course through face-to-face instruction. *The Evidence on Online Education-June 29, 2009 - InsideHigherEd
Besides the benefit above, online classes also allow you to:
- work at your own pace
- they fit easily into a busy schedule because you can do them anytime, even at 1am, and
- they allow you to use your own supplies at home (using our stash is always good, right?)
- the time "away from it all"
- fellowship with other scrappers
- you don't have to think as hard because the instructor is there to help you and catch your mistakes
- you get to try product and tools you may not have yet
- My online classes are similar to my in-person classes: Bind It All Masterz is the online version of Bind It All Boot Camp and "10 Weeks+ 10 Techniques = 20 Pages" is the online version of Twenty Pages In A Day. Some of the projects are the same but others are different.
- I can spend alot more time and go into a lot more detail in an online class.
- I can do techniques that just aren't practical in a store setting with 20 students for 3 hours, like machine sewing.
- You can chat with me anytime--not just for the 3 hours we are at the store.
- You can use your stash and custmoize the project to you instead of being limited to what I bring to a class.
10 Weeks + 10 Techniques = 20 Pages - Starting Oct 8
Bind It All Masterz - Starting Nov 18